Hacking on OpenSpending
We welcome all hackers who want to contribute code, documentation, translations, issues/bug reports, comments, or just about anything to OpenSpending. With your help, OpenSpending can reach its goal of tracking every government financial transaction across the world.
When hacking on OpenSpending, there are a few important cyberspace places you should know about:
- the developer mailing list (where you can find all OpenSpending developers)
- the IRC channel (#openspending on Freenode) (informal chat and the monthly developer meetings)
- the repositories (where code and documentation for OpenSpending live)
- the transifex project (if you want to get your language into OpenSpending)
- development process (get your contributions into OpenSpending faster by following our process)
Where can you start?
If you want to code, here’s a list of some issues where you can help OpenSpending: