Glad to see you here!
This site is for enthusiastic doers, citizens and budget nerds from across the world. We care deeply about welcoming everyone regardless of skills and will do what we can to help you getting started!
Connect with the Community
Come and introduce yourself and start engaging with people who share the same common interest!
Contribute to the Fiscal Data Package Standard
We’re hard at work on defining Fiscal Data Package, a simple, open technical specification for describing government budget and spending data.
We welcome input from the community regarding the specification. You can contribute to the development process by leaving suggestions and queries in the issue tracker.
Contribute to the Development of OpenSpending Next
OpenSpending Next is the next generation of the OpenSpending platform. Based on the Fiscal Data Package Specification, it comes with a range of tools enabling the data upload, search, analysis and visualisation.
Upload and Package Your Data
Contribute fiscal data sources to our registry tracker. The process is simple:
- Open a new issue
- Write a brief description of the data and how to interpret it
- Provide a link to the data (hosted as flat files (e.g. CSV or XLSX) on GitHub would be best, if possible)
This will allow us to look at the data and see how well it fits with our current assumptions. We can then work together on steps to get the data imported into the flat file DataStore.
- Fiscal Data Package (FDP): A standard for publishing fiscal data
- Fiscal Data Package (schema): JSON Schema for validating a Fiscal Data Package
- Fiscal Data Packager: A simple app to create a FDP from CSV
- Fiscal Data JS: A data access library to create “views” on fiscal data (e.g. for visualization)
- Fiscal Data Package Viewer: A single app to visualise data in common formats (e.g. treemap, table)
- Datastore CLI: A commandline interface/python library to push FDP directly to the OpenSpending flat file datastore
- OS Authz: A service that provides access to different OpenSpending services
- Cosmopolitan: An API server for country data
- Babbage: A lightweight OLAP engine
- Cubepress: A flat file aggregator using Babbage
- community.openspending.org: This website