Glad to see you here!
This site is for enthusiastic doers, citizens and budget nerds from across the world. We care deeply about welcoming everyone regardless of skills and will do what we can to help you getting started!
We acknowledge that involvement with OpenSpending will be different based on your goals. We try to cover as many topics as possible here, but please reach out if you think we’re missing something.
Connect with the Community
Come and introduce yourself and start engaging with people who share the same common interest!
Contribute to the Open Fiscal Data Package
If you’re interested in publishing your fiscal data as open data, we’d recommend you take a look at the Fiscal Data Package.
If you have comments about it, we welcome input from the community regarding the specification. You can contribute to the development process by leaving suggestions and queries in the issue tracker.
Upload and Package Your Data
If you want to contribute with more data, you can upload your data to OpenSpending.
The process for the OS Packager will guide you through the process
- Fiscal Data Package (FDP): A standard for publishing fiscal data
- Fiscal Data Package (schema): JSON Schema for validating a Fiscal Data Package
- Fiscal Data Packager: A simple app to create a FDP from CSV
- Fiscal Data Package Viewer: A single app to visualise data in common formats (e.g. treemap, table)
- Datastore CLI: A commandline interface/python library to push FDP directly to the OpenSpending flat file datastore
- OS Authz: A service that provides access to different OpenSpending services
- Cosmopolitan: An API server for country data
- Babbage: A lightweight OLAP engine
- Cubepress: A flat file aggregator using Babbage
- community.openspending.org: This website