New Translation Documentation for OpenSpendingOutdated Content Warning: This content refers to an older version of OpenSpending. See here for information about the next version of OpenSpending and ways to contribute.
There’s been a lot of demand for us to document the translation procedure for OpenSpending, so this is now up and live on the wiki
For reference, I’ve also briefly included the steps here:
In order to translate OpenSpending, please follow the following steps:
- Create an account on Transifex
- Email info [at] openspending.org with your Transifex Username and ask to be added to the group for your language of translation.
- Proceed to the following link
- Click ‘Add a translation’ and follow the instructions on-screen.
When you have finished your translation…
- Drop us an email to info [at] openspending.org and we will include it into our next release.
Things to be aware of
- With each new release of the code, you may need to update your translation, to make sure all the new commands are accounted for…We are currently building up to a big code release and will inform the list when the strings are stable. If you are eager to get going, you may start translating, most of your translation should be preserved, but there will be a little additional work to do before the release.
Happy translating, drop me an email if you have any questions via the mailing list.